Friday, June 18, 2010

I was once told that gay marriage was wrong because it is a "slippery slope", because then other sexual misconduct would be considered "alright" by public standards. I was given the examples of "sex and marriage with animals." and "sex and marriage with children." I had to have a massive LAWL!!! at the second one because of the catholic church's track record, and, whether you like it or not, Catholicism is a branch of Christianity...

Anyway... It was several years ago I was told this, when I was just beginning to form my beliefs, and, being so young, I really had no rebuttal. But over the years I've stumbled across several points that discount this theory, including scientific research... YES!! SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH!!! THE DEVIL HIMSELF!!!!! And although I can't really site my sources, (Most lof them were high school papers that have been lost over time. Thank Darwin for Public Schools.) I think you will realize that most of them are simply common sense.


My first point is the "Oh-So-Common Who Really Gives a Crap Point" which states, and I quote, "Who gives a crap what people do on their own property? In their own bedrooms and cars?" You don't HAVE to be nosy all the time. Gay people enjoy their privacy as well. Whats ironic is that most of the people who are against gay marriage are the ones who got all pissy about the public smoking law... THAT ACTUALLY WAS HURTING PEOPLE!!! "I don't wanna see them kissin' in public. But you are imposing on my constitutional rights by not letting me infect everyone around me with emphysema." Wow... you're cool. And really, whose business is it of yours to care what people do in their own homes. You don't want to know the details of anyone else's sex life, so why arepeople so focused on that of gays. I know heterosexual people who have to beat the shit out of their significant other to get off, even if it isn't pleasurable to them. But I don't see RAGE about that. Let people do what pleasures them... seriously, its not hurting anyone, so find a cause that actually helps people.

Alright, here is the slippery slope rebuttal. Animals do not share the same psychological presence that humans have. They can not write, they can not speak, thus, they can not consent, thus making it rape of another living creature. People, seriously, you yell at PETA for this shit. Animals are not humans. I know that they feel pain... I know that they feel love... But they are not able to consent. I'm not putting personal opinion in, so if I get called a chicken F**ker tomorrow I'm gonna be pissed.

As for children, isn't this the same reason there are age limits on tobacco and alcohol. Because the young minds aren't able to handle such things.

Honestly, I'll be making a follow up because I'm beginning to get angry with idiot conservatives...

TTYL...

The Meridian Vase

No comments:

Post a Comment